This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: actual use of WMDs by terrorists has been very limited (Aum Shinrikyo)
– Efforts to combat terrorism can be counter productive
• Government is too weak to prevent acts – AND –
• Government is oppressive trying to prevent acts Counter Terrorism Policies
Counter Terrorism Policies
• Improved Containment of Damage
• Improved Domestic Security • International Intelligence Cooperation • Disruption of Terrorist Networks • Frustrating Nations Sponsoring Terrorism Problems Combating Terrorism
Problems Combating Terrorism
– Domestic Level •Clashes between Agencies
•Problems with Organizational Culture – Regional and International Levels •Different interests •Different definitions
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/25/2014 for the course IR 271 taught by Professor Corgan during the Fall '08 term at BU.
- Fall '08