Unformatted text preview: our fate.
3. If you measure too few, then the ones you left out, will lack any clout. If you measure
too many, you will also lose out.
4. If the metric level is too low, your users are in for a sorry blow.
5. Know the role of your metric, or it can roll over on your project.
6. If you fail to quantify a critical variable, it will fail to be what you need.
7. Do not trust managers to define the most critical metrics, help them out
8. Some metrics support other metrics. You’d better know which is the star, and which is
the supporting role.
9. Metrics don’t add up, but you need to understand the set of them.
10. Metrics are a generally good tool, until they are used carelessly,
or to manipulate people.
These will be discussed in more detail below. Success Principles
Here is another set of principles, less warning of bad practices, and more proscriptive of good
1. Develop requirements metrics top down from critical management objectives.
2. Connect metrics with metrics.
3. Develop metrics with early rapid numeric and non-num...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/26/2014 for the course E 515 at University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Spring '13
- Systems Engineering