This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: . W hen is a wave not a
wave?(when it is a particle!)
4. de Broglie idea- wave-particle duality of electrons etc.
W hen is a particle not a particle? (when it’s a wave).
5. Bohr model of the atom. Where it works. Why it is wrong.
6. Schrodinger Equation and quantum waves. What they
are, how to use. Applications:
7. Atomic spectra- quantized energy of electrons in atoms. Today: Overview of things classical physics can’t explain
– Quantized bits.
– Periodic table.
– Atomic spectra
• Demonstration and experimental homework discussion. Matter is quantized bits
Chemists and alchemists learned that matter
View Full Document