This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: tatues Aerial view Sweet potatoes There is only one beach Moai are Giant Statues
• 887 ring the island facing inwards!!
• Carved in one piece from volcanic rock
• Maximum 13-35 feet high
• Weigh 14 tons Location of Moai Moai Size Take Away Message…
• It really is possible to destroy an
ecosystem permanently Rapa Nui is not the only example Maya, Middle East, North Africa
• Do you see any parallels between Easter
Island and the world? Good Websites
• http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/easter/ Read about island archaeology See different theories about how Moai were moved Play the Flash game “Move a Moai”
• http://islandheritage.org/index.html Easter Island Heritage Foundation Focused on history, culture, preservation
• http://www.pvs-hawaii.com/index.html Polynesian Voyaging Society
• http://www.mysteriousplaces.com/Easter_Isld_Pge.html A virtual tour of the island, good narrative text...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/25/2014.
- Spring '14