This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: co, Japan, England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Australia.
The most successful and financially lucrative media sports event is the Olympics. The Emergence of Commercial
Conditions under which commercial sports emerge.
1. In economies where material rewards are highly valued.
2. In densely populated cities.
3. Where the standard of living is high.
4. Where capital can be obtained.
5. When the exchange rate is favourable.
6. In cultures with high levels of consumption. Class Ideology
Sports tend to be commercialized when they are watched or played by those...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/26/2014 for the course SOCI 201 at University of Calgary.
- Spring '06