This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: tal 5.477.607 Population Overview
Argentina Migration in Brazil
Immigration: Migration in Brazil
2000 to 2010 Source: Censo 2010, IBGE Migration in Brazil
Source: World Bank Data Population Overview
Brazil: Population Overview
Age structure of the population
(current and predicted) Population Overview
- The brazilian population is predicted to start
declining by 2030
- The elderly population is growing:
7,9% in 1992 against 10,6% in 2009
- The retirement age is 65 years to men and 60
- The pension system represents a great and
growing problem: the difference of what the
government pays to the retirees and what it
receives from pension contributions is about
U$25 billion (0.9% of GDP) Conclusions Conclusions
- The birth drop that took 120 years to happe...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/28/2014 for the course DECO 1665A at Sciences Po.
- Fall '12