This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: oot. What
angle do these wires make with the gound?
9. A surveyor takes a sighting of the top of a hill which
she knows, from the map, is 460 metres away from
her position. From there, the angle of elevation of the
top of the hill is 31.4º. What is the height of the hill?
10. From the top of lighthouse which is 50 metres above
sea-level, the angle of depression of a boat is
observed to be 17.5º. How far is the boat from the
11. A ladder leaning against a wall, reaches to a height of
12 metres when it is at an angle of 67.5 degrees to
the ground. How far is the foot of the ladder away
from the wall?
12. The diagonal of an oblong makes an angle of 53.8º
with the shorter edge, which is 18.3 centimetres long.
What is the length of the longer edge?
13. An oblong has edges of length 6.78 cm and 4.35.
Find the size of the smallest angle formed where its
two diagonals cross.
© Frank Tapson 2004 [trolPT:15] 14. A man estimates that the angle of elevation of the top
of a tree is 38 degrees. He then take...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/01/2014.
- Spring '14