Unformatted text preview: A kite-string has a total length of 75 metres. Calculate
the height at which the kite must be flying when the
string is fully out and is making an angle 37 degrees
with the level ground.
3. The longest edge of an oblong measures 8 cm and its
diagonal is 10 cm. What is the angle formed between
the diagonal and the longest edge?
4. A television mast is stayed by a single wire cable
which is 60 metres long. The stay is fastened to the
top of the mast and to the ground. It makes an angle
of 58º with ground. Find the height of the mast.
5. A slipway for a lifeboat is 50 metres long and is
inclined at an angle of 35º to the horizontal.What is
the height of the floor of the boathouse above the
level of the sea?
6. The longest edge of a 30/60 set-square is 18 cm
long. Calculate the length of its shortest edge.
7. The ribbons of a maypole are 10 metres long. During
the course of a dance the dancers are moving in a
circle around the pole and about 3.5 metres away
from it. What then is the angle between t...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/01/2014.
- Spring '14