This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: flag-pole is 12 metres tall. An observer looks up at
an angle of 25 degrees to see the top of the pole.
How far is the observer from the foot of the flagpole?
4. An oblong measures 15 cm by 8 cm. Find the angle
between its diagonal and a longer edge.
5. A ladder leaning against a wall makes an angle of 63º
with level ground. The foot of the ladder is 3 metres
away from the wall. How far up the wall does the
6. A pylon carrying electricity cables has a height of 24
metres. Chris, who is standing some way away from
it, measures the angle of elevation of the top of the
pylon to be 51.4º. How far away from the pylon is
7. A telegraph-pole has a single wire stay fastened to its
top. The stay is fixed in the ground 3.7 metres from
the foot of the pole and makes an angle of 72.5º with
the ground. How tall is the telegraph-pole?
8. A 45-metre tall television mast is kept upright by staywires which are attached to its top, and also fixed
into the ground 17.5 metres away from its f...
View Full Document
- Spring '14