This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: . the angle between the
kite-string and the ground was seen to double in size
from 27º to 54º. What was the resulting increase in
the vertical height of the kite above the ground?
19. A rhombus has edge-lengths of 7 cm. Its acute interior
vertex angles are both 70º. Calculate the lengths of
both of its diagonals.
(The diagonals of a rhombus bisect each other
and cross at right angles.)
20. A rod 1 metre long is hanging on a wall. If the bottom
end of the rod is pulled out 20 centimetres from the
wall, what angle will the rod make with the wall?
21. An 8 metre ladder leaning against a wall makes an
angle of 63º with the ground. How far is the foot of
the ladder away from the wall?
22. A parallelogram has edge-lengths of 5 cm and 9 cm
respectively, and an angle of 58º between them.
Calculate the perpendicular distance between the two
23. A pair of railway-lines are 143.5 cm apart. On one
particular curved section the 'banking' is formed by
raising the outer rail 8 cm above the level of the inner
rail. When a train is being driven around th...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/01/2014.
- Spring '14