This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: he ribbons
and the ground?
8. Measured on a map, the distance between the tops
of two hills is 570 metres. The angle of elevation from
the top of the smaller of the two hills, to the the top of
the taller one is 27º. The tops of these hills are to be
joined by a cable on which a ski-lift will run. What
length of cable will be needed?
9. An isosceles triangle has two equal edges of length
8 cm. Its two equal angles measure 15.3º. What is
the length of its other edge?
10. One section of a mountain-railway is 550 metres long.
In that length is rises through a vertical height of 140
metres. Calculate the overall average angle of
inclination of the track.
11. A 12 metre ladder is leaning against a wall. The foot
of the ladder is 3.5 metres away from the base of the
wall. What is the size of the angle which ladder makes
with the ground?
12. An isosceles triangle has two edges of length 11 cm
and one of length 8 cm. Find the sizes of all its angles.
13. A drilling-platform for an oil-rig is moor...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/01/2014.
- Spring '14