This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ecap
needles. Dispose of needles in
puncture- resistant containers.
6. Remove broken glass using a brush
and dustpan, tongs, or forceps.
7. Wash hands after working with
potentially hazardous materials,
after removing gloves and before
8. Perform all procedures to minimize
the creation of splashes and/or
aerosols. BSL 1 LP 001/ Mar 2010 9. Protective laboratory coats, gowns,
or uniforms are recommended to
prevent contamination of personal
10. Decontaminate work surfaces after
completion of work and
immediately after any spill or
11. Decontaminate all biological wastes
before discard. Decontaminate
other contaminated materials
before washing, reuse, or discard.
12. A sign incorporating the universal
biohazard symbol must be posted at
the entrance to the laboratory when
infectious agents are present.
13. An effective integrated pest
management program is required....
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/02/2014 for the course BIOLOGY 201L at American University of Beirut.
- Fall '14