This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: solve the problem, and
how to use the results of the analysis Look at information and seeing what you
are trying to achieve and give
recommendations. OIM 210 - Introduction to Business Information Systems Components of a DSS
• Model management component – consists of
both the DSS models and the model
• Data management component – stores and
maintains the information that you want your
DSS to use
• User interface component – allows you to
communicate with the DSS OIM 210 - Introduction to Business Information Systems User
Interface Dror Shmerling © 2012 Model Data 4 OIM 210 - Introduction to Business Information Systems Geographic Information System
• Geographic information system (GIS) – DSS
designed specifically to analyze spatial
• Spatial information is any information in map
• Businesses use GIS software to analyze
information, generate business intelligence, and
make decisions OIM 210 - Introduction to Business Information Systems Example
School districts and bus scheduling
• How many Schools?
• Load balancing...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/04/2014 for the course OIM 210 at UMass (Amherst).
- Spring '13