Unformatted text preview: using information technology in auditing.
The use of information technology
is no longer optional. BUSI 335 Copyright © 2009-10 Y.M. Cheung, W. Tan, C. Woo and P. Bera 17 BUSI 335 Role of IS Auditor
of IS Auditor Copyright © 2009-10 Y.M. Cheung, W. Tan, C. Woo and P. Bera 18 How to perform an IS Audit?
to perform an IS Audit?
• Audit Planning • An IS Auditor is responsible for:
IS Auditor is responsible for: – Understand client’s business
– Review of internal controls – assessing the strength and effectiveness of
controls that are designed to protect
are designed to protect
information systems; and – Identify significant IS and the associated IT controls • Tests of Controls – ensuring that audit engagements are planned,
that audit engagements are planned
designed, and reviewed based on the
assessed level of risk that irregular and illegal
acts might occur. – Perform tests through manual techniques and specialized
diti • Substantive Testing
– Detailed investigation of specific account balances and
investigation of specific account balances and
– Example: select sample account receivable balance and trace
View Full Document
- Spring '12
- Financial audit, Y.M. Cheung, P. Bera