Unformatted text preview: Y.M. Cheung, W. Tan, C. Woo and P. Bera – Will the information provided by the system always be
accurate, reliable, and timely? (Integrity) 5 BUSI 335 Copyright © 2009-10 Y.M. Cheung, W. Tan, C. Woo and P. Bera 6 What influence the
Growth of IS Audit?
of IS Audit? Brief History of IS Audit
History of IS Audit
• From mid-1950s to mid-1960s, the auditing profession • Development of Internet and E-Commerce
of Internet and
• 1998 IT failure at AT&T
• Corporate financial scandals, such as Enron,
financial scandals such as Enron was
was mainly auditing around the computer.
• In late 1960s, the Electronic Data Processing Auditors
Association (EDPAA) was formed
Association (EDPAA) was formed.
– produce guidelines, procedures and standards for EDP audits WorldCom (now MCI).
• Sarbanes-Oxley Act
Act • In 1977, the first edition of Control Objectives was
published – Officially titled the Public Company Accounting
Reform and Investor Protection Act of 2002. – now known as COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and
– generally accepted IT control object...
View Full Document
- Spring '12
- Financial audit, Y.M. Cheung, P. Bera