B suppose that 1 1 1 2 2 3 2 4 find the stationary

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: tation examples, so we omit it. Example 4.29. At a government agency entering customers always go to server 1. After completing service there, 30% leave the system while 70% go to server 2. At server 2, 50% go to server 3, 20% of the customers have to return to server 1, and 30% leave the system. From server 3, 20% go back to server 2 but the other 80% can go. That is, the routing matrix is 1 0 .2 0 1 p= 2 3 2 .7 0 .2 3 0 .5 0 Suppose that arrivals from outside only occur at server 1 and at rate 1 = 3.8 per hour. Find the stationary distribution if the service rates are µ1 = 9, µ2 = 7, and µ3 = 7. The first step is to solve the equations rj = j + 3 X ri p(i, j ) i=1 By (4.30) the solution is r = (I (I p) 1 p) 1 , where 0 1 45/38 35/38 35/76 = @ 5/19 25/19 25/38A 1/19 5/19 43/38 so multiplying the first row by 1 , we have r1 = 9/2, r2 = 7/2, and r3 = 7/4. Since each ri < µi the stationary distribution is: ⇡ (n1 , n2 , n3 ) = 3 (1/2)n1 (1/2)n2 (1/4)n3 16 It is easy to see that Little...
View Full Document

Ask a homework question - tutors are online