Unformatted text preview: internal job posting)
– Problems?  Recruiting
– New bundles of skills and experiences
Non‐trivial costs related to search and on‐boarding
Effect of market conditions
Multiple sources (ads, internet, employment agencies, educational institutions, referrals…) • Quick question: Why do courses like MOS 3384 tend to emphasize selection over recruitment? Selection
• Given a pool of suitable applicants, how do we make the decision on whom to hire?
• Selection defined as matching process on ; in MOS 3384 we talk about getting the best available person for the job as the general objective of the staffing process
• As a process, selection is continuous and follows the steps in Fig 4.3 [Question: why are the steps arranged in this particular order?]
start froma large pool and gets smaller each step until we close and identify
the most suitable people Selection
• Data used in selection processes should have two key properties :
– Reliability: “the d...
View Full Document
- Fall '11
- Christina Aguilera, KINGSTON, BDI