This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: • Definition : elements:
– Effective use of labour force
– Right place and right time
– …to help the organization achieve its goals So what?
• Why seek women and immigrants to move into the drilling industry? 
• What is succession planning, and why does a company like Sorin care about it so much?
• How does Statistics Canada Data help HR planners? Some key terms
• Forecasting and trends analysis
• Staffing tables
• Markov analysis (like a staffing table over time)
• Skills inventories Results of the planning exercise
• Too摩many workers (oversupply) 擦
– Attrition (natural departures of ees)
– Job‐sharing, redeploy, reduce hours or pay
– Termination • Too few workers (shortage)
– Short term/ temporary? (work extra hours; hire part‐time staff)
– Hire full‐time employees…recruitment Recruiting
– Capitalize on investments made in current employees
– Boosts morale
– Reduce or eliminate training and orientation costs
– Decision based on better data
– Multiple sources (HRIS, succession planning,...
View Full Document
- Fall '11