This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: nuous stimulation can result in adaptation and cause it to become insensitive.
C. Its stimulation results in the opening or closing of ion channels.
D. Most sensory cells are modified neurons.
E. In response to a stimulus, the change in resting membrane potential is called the
23. Arrange the 5 layers of neurons from the front of the eye to the back.
1. amacrine cell 2. bipolar cell 3. ganglion cell 4. photoreceptors 5. horizontal cell
A. 3, 1, 2, 5, 4
B. 2, 3, 1, 4, 5
C. 3, 5, 2, 1, 4
D. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
E. 4, 2, 1, 3, 5
24. Steroid hormones ..........
(Mark all that apply)
A. have intracellular receptors
B. are membrane impermeable
C. have receptors that function as transcription factors
D. affect cells in their immediate vicinity
E. are derived from cholesterol
25. The HCl acid produced in gastric secretions requires (mark all that apply)
A. the production of carbonic acid.
B. the exchange of bicarbonate for hydroxyl ions on the blood side of parietal cells.
C. the passive diffusion of K+ into the gastric lumen.
D. the passive diffusion of Cl- into the gastric lumen.
E. the passive diffusion of H+ into the gastric lumen.
26. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
A. Nerve nets provide direct lines of communication between sensory cells and
B. The area where two neurons come into close contact with each other and pass along
information is at the node of Ranvier.
C. The b...
View Full Document
- Winter '08