Unformatted text preview: of bacteria to bladder epithe, reduce infection. oligo in blood train immune system how to react by reduce inflammation (toning
down process of white blood cell leave tissue), reduce food allergy by reduce autoimmune response.
8. oligo in intestine not only prevent binding of harmful bacteria to epithelial cell. there are receptor in epithelial for these oligo.
through cell signaling, oligo tell receptor to reduce production of glycoproteins/lipids of receptor for the harmful bacteria
9. cyano acid important for iq is oligo
10. breast milk is not sterile. form of mucuos, saliva (not sterile). there are specific bacteria (symbiont) live in mammary gland. the
oligo not only is beneficial for babies but also for moms (good for mammary gland)
****the end result is symbiotic relationship (we provide nutrient and you protect us from pathogens=us to beneficial bacteri).
evolution never stock tickling. if a trait increase fitness, that trait will become abundant. Composition:
two things we need to test:
1. beneficial bacteria digest these
oligosaccharides better than
2. Do these oligosaccharides
make it to where the beneficial
bacteria reside, i.e. the colon? good bacteria:
Bifidobacterium species ?? Bode, L (2012) Glycobiology 22 (9): 1147-1162 Human Milk Oligosaccharides don't need to know
on test selective absorption Symbiotic relationship oligosaccharides
help out immune
show up in the
of this: breast milk is not
sterile: Bode, L (2012) Glycobiology 22 (9): 1147-1162...
View Full Document