This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: of
maturity intermediation are managed by financial intermediaries?
14. What are five areas of institution-specific FI specialness, and which types of institutions are most likely to be the service providers?
15. What are the differences between the various definitions of the money supply: M1,
M2, and M3. Why is it important to track the level of the money supply?
16. How do depository institutions such as commercial banks assist in the implementation and transmission of monetary policy?
17. What is meant by credit allocation regulation? What social benefit is this type of
regulation intended to provide?
18. Which intermediaries best fulfill the intergenerational wealth transfer function?
What is this wealth transfer process?
19. What are two of the most important payment services provided by financial institutions? To what extent do these services efficiently provide benefits to the economy?
20. What is denomination intermediation? How do FIs assist in this process?
21. What is negative...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/09/2014 for the course ACC 301 at HELP University.
- Spring '09