This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: www.federalreserve.gov/ TABLE 1–7
Top Global Banks Banks Source: “Top 50 Global
Banks,” The Banker,
6. Home Country American Express Bank
Credit Suisse Group
Deutsche Bank United States
Germany Percentage of Overseas
64.4 *Overseas business refers to the percentage of assets banks hold outside their home country. Dai-Ichi Kangyo Bank in 2000 created the world’s largest banking group, Mizuho
Financial Group, with assets of over $1,394 billion.25
1. Is the share of bank and thrift assets growing as a proportion of total FI assets in the United
2. What are the fastest growing FIs in the United States?
3. Define privately placed securities.
4. Describe the global challenges facing U.S. FIs in the early 2000s.
25 It might also be noted that regulation is becoming more international as well—especially in Europe. See, for
example, X. Vives, “R...
View Full Document
- Spring '09