This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: stories 2. Life tables part I-survivorship
3. Life tables part II-fecundity
4. Applications of life table data to conservation
5. Trade-offs and life history evolution
6. Density-independent population growth
7. Density-dependent population growth
9 What models can we use to predict how the
number of individuals in a population will
change over time?
2. Models of density-dependent population growth ????????? In density-dependent models, the per capita population growth
rate does depend on the population size 5 Models of density-dependent population
growth: The logistic growth model # # N &&
= rN%1 − % ((
$ $ K ''
K = carrying capacity
Models of density-independent population
growth: Logistic growth model Populus
A program for modelling population growth
http://www.cbs.umn.edu/populus 6 EFFECT OF THE BIOTIC AND ABIOTIC
ENVIRONMENT ON THE ABUNDANCE OF
1. Introduction to life histories 2. Life tables part I-survivorship
3. Life tables part II-f...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/10/2014 for the course BIOL 2060 at University of Guelph.
- Fall '12