This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: What is a community and how do we quantify
2. How do communities change over time?
3. Food chains and top-down vs. bottom-up
4. What stabilizes communities?
5. What is an ecosystem?
6. How do we measure energy flow through an
7. How do we measure energy flow through an
3 How do communities change over time?
Models and mechanisms of succession • Relay Floristics model
– Mechanism: Facilitation, where early
successional species modify the
environment so that it becomes less suitable
for themselves and more suitable for later
successional species Tolerance - least important mechanism
of succession 2 How do communities change...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/10/2014 for the course BIOL 2060 at University of Guelph.
- Fall '12