This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: inhibition
Morris & Wood (1989) Ecology 70:697 COMMUNITIES AND ECOSYSTEMS
1. What is a community and how do we quantify
2. How do communities change over time?
3. Food chains and top-down vs. bottom-up
4. What stabilizes communities?
5. What is an ecosystem?
6. How do we measure energy flow through an
7. How do we measure energy flow through an
22 11 How do communities change over time?
Models and mechanisms of succession -More evidence for facilitation and inhibition
-Facilitation is more important for primary
-Inhibition can play a role in both primary and
secondary succession 12...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/10/2014 for the course BIOL 2060 at University of Guelph.
- Fall '12