This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: natives must somehow trace back to one of Noah’s sons.
BUT which one??
Revolutionary War, Constitution(⅗ compromise), Bill of Rights, Naturalization acts
Why did Race Matter??
● Land Ownership
● Race is deeply embedded in history of America The Science of Anthropology/Archaeology Begins
● “Speculative Period”(1492-
● the myth of the moundbuilders
○ Who made the mounds??
○ ancestors of the indians today
○ ancient people who died off or were replaced by the indians
○ 5 arguments→ they don’t building mountains today,they don’t use it today, too
primitive, there’s metal in the mounds, theres tablets found
● gave evidence of trade routes
Burial Mound 72
● 20,000 mother of pearl shell beads
● family buried with a lot of stone weapons from far away
● 40 men decapitated and no hands
● 50 women late teens early 20s
● one of the first archaeologists
● 3 different types of artifacts (Hindu’s or India’s?)
View Full Document