This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: rance outside Africa
○ first systematic imposition of preconceived from lithic tools
○ modern human body proportions
○ systematic hunting?
● Difference with modern humans
○ bones were pretty robust
○ smaller cranial capacity: 850-
1,100 cc compared to 1,200-
○ no chin, no forehead ● Lecture 5: The Origin and Diaspora of Homo Sapiens
The Transition from H.erectus to H.sapiens
Possible models o Candelabra…. In web notes
§ Believes people were spread out in different regions and evolved in each area
§ Issue: how could they have evolved independently but only have pigment
● A little introgression
o Homo erectus moves into diff parts in the world and then sapiens went to Africa
Cranial Capacity 400
o Australopithecus CC 600-
o Early Homo erectus
o Homo Erectus·ȡ
Homo erectus have no chin, while sapiens do.
o H. Sapiens
The evidence of CC
o Living people
o Dead people
What Fossils and Artifacts...
View Full Document