This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: the period of
time that a mother lactates to feed her young.
○ internal gestation: The period of development in the uterus from conception until birth;7
– Hadrocodium (China, early Jurassic~195mya)
● 4 main groups
○ Monotremes(egg laying)
○ Multituberculates(lost tribe)
Adaptive Radiation - is a process in which organisms diversify rapidly into a multitude of new forms,
particularly when a change in the environment makes new resources available and opens environmental
● Adaptive radiation throughout what is now Europe and North America
● 30% of the fossils in some assemblages
Our closest living relatives
● Our closest relatives – dermopterans (flying lemurs) Lecture 2: Darwin and Evolutionary Theory
● natural theology (1802) - theology deriving its knowledge of God from the study of nature independent of special revelation
● Watchmaker analogy - design implies a designer
● The essence of a scientific proposition is that it can be tested by observation.
Jean Baptiste Lamarck (1744-
1829)- ● French anatomist
● Mechanism of evolution: inheritance of acquired characteristics (use and disuse of body parts)
View Full Document