Unformatted text preview: ctrode
ADVANTAGES of mercury film
- has high overvoltage for H+ reduction
- greater ability to detect metal ions that are reduced at cathodic potentials
DISADVANTAGES of mercury film
- Hg is easily oxidized which limits anodic potential range
- has significant charging current 9. A plot of Eappl vs. log(i/(il - I)) should yield a straight line with a slope equal
to -0.0592/n. Thus, n is readily obtained from the slope. 13. Let i1 = kcu where i1 = 1.78 µA and cu is the concentration of the unknown solution
then From the first equation, k = 1.78 µA/cu. Substituting this into the second equation and
solving for cu gives cu = 2.23 x 10-4 M.
16. a) Adv...
View Full Document
- Fall '08
- Electrochemistry, electrode, electrode surface, linear-scan voltammetry