This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: w manufactured goods in response to perceived
(4) Demands are closely related to per capita income.
(5) After a product is introduced, where does the entrepreneur look for
(6) Entrepreneurs export to markets with similar per capita incomes.
(7) This is suppose to help explain the large volume of trade among the high
income developed countries. 4. The product cycle (Vernon) 5 (1) New products are first introduced in the high income countries ala
Production must initially take place near the market: production may
require special skills, and critical revision. (2) Exports begin to other high income countries. (3) As development proceeds, (a) exports begin to lower income countries
as incomes grow there, (b) production becomes more standardized,
requiring less skilled labor. (4) Eventually production shifts to the lower income countries as producers
in the high-income countries move on to the next generation of products. 6
(5) Finally, the original produ...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/09/2014 for the course ASTRO 3730 at Colorado.
- Winter '14