Unformatted text preview: f f(x) = 2e4x at the point (0, 2).
20) How long will it take for the population of a certain country to triple if its annual growth rate is 1.1%? Assume
the population is growing exponentially. Round to the nearest year.
21) Suppose that $4000 is invested at an interest rate of 5.3% per year, compounded continuously. What is the
balance after 3 years?
22) Suppose that $9000 is invested at an interest rate of 5.4% per year, compounded continuously. What is the
Solve the problem.
23) Ben Franklin bequeathed $4000.00 to the city of Boston in 1790. Assuming the fund grew to $6 million in 200
a) find the interest rate compounded continuously that would yield this total value.
b) How long did it take until the the balance reached $1,000,000?
c) How fast was the balance changing when it reached $1,000,000?
24) A certain radioactive isotope has a half - life of approximately 1900 years. How many years to the nearest year
would be required for a given amount of this isotope to decay to 80% of that amount?
25) An artifact is discovered at a certain site. If it has 57% of the carbon - 14 it origin...
View Full Document
- Fall '
- Calculus, 0.3%, Ben Franklin, $4000, 1.1%, $9000