{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

Jimenea vguanzongrnol24795jan291968 q can the

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: izenship. Q: What are the grounds for loss of Philippine citizenship? A: 1. Naturalization in a foreign country; or 2. Express renunciation of citizenship (expatriation); or Subscribing to an oath of allegiance to the constitution or laws of a foreign country upon attaining 21 years of age; or Note: Citizens may not divest citizenship when the Philippines is at war. 4. Rendering service to or accepting commission in the armed forces of a foreign country; or Note: It shall not divest a Filipino of his citizenship if: (a) the Philippines has a defensive and/or offensive pact of alliance with the said foreign country; (b) the said foreign country maintains armed forces in the Philippine territory with its consent provided that at the time of rendering said service, or acceptance of said commission, and taking the oath of allegiance incident thereto, states that he does so only in connection with its service to said foreign country. 5. Cancellation of naturalization; or certificate of 6. 7. Having been declared by final judgment a deserter of the armed forces of the Philippines in times of war. In case of a woman, upon her marriage, to a foreigner if, by virtue of the laws in force in her husband’s country, she acquires his nationality. Q: How is citizenship renounced? A: Expressly. (Mercado v. Manzano, G.R. No. 135083, May 26, 1999) Q: Does res judicata set in citizenship cases? A: GR: No. XPN: 1. Person’s citizenship is resolved by a court or an administrative body as a material issue in the controversy, after a full‐blown hearing ACADEMICS CHAIR: LESTER JAY ALAN E. FLORES II U N I V E R S I T Y O F S A N T O T O M A S VICE CHAIRS FOR ACADEMICS: KAREN JOY G. SABUGO & JOHN HENRY C. MENDOZA Facultad de Derecho Civil VICE CHAIR FOR ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE: JEANELLE C. LEE VICE CHAIRS FOR LAY‐OUT AND DESIGN: EARL LOUIE M. MASACAYAN & THEENA C. MARTINEZ 115 UST GOLDEN NOTES 2011 2. With the active participation of the Solicitor General or his representative; and 3. Finding of his citizenship is affirmed by the Supreme Court. (Burca v. Republic G.R. No. L‐24252, Jan. 30, 1967) Q: What are the ways to reacquire citizenship? A: By: 1. Naturalization 2. Repatriatio...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Ask a homework question - tutors are online