This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: you
can also use data on other worksheets or in other. In this way, you
can consolidate data from multiple sources into an executive
• Before beginning, open any workbooks that contain data
to be used in your function.
• Select the cell into which you want to insert a function.
• Open the Paste Function window, click on the name of
the function you wish to insert, and click OK.
• Collapse the gray syntax window, using the collapse
button (labeled with a red arrow).
• Navigate so that the worksheet or workbook containing
your data is visible on your screen.
• Drag to select the range of cells to be included as the
function’s first argument. Type enter. • Excel will insert the reference to the cells that you selected
(including the name of the external worksheet and
workbook) into your function. Click OK to finish your
function. Tip: Naming external data ranges
When you select a range of cells on an external worksheet, Excel
will add the name of your external worksheet to the cell range
reference that it creates. In the example above, E...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/12/2014.
- Spring '14