This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: y
Found only in the heart
S4 Muscle Fatigue
• If oxygen is not available muscle fatigue will set in . Cells will start making energy by Anaerobic Respiration without oxygen.
• Lactic Acid accumulates in the skeletal muscles and causes a burning pain in the muscles. • Rest restores the oxygen s5 Muscle function
• Voluntary muscle
– Muscles that contract (move) only when you want them to
– Examples: skeletal biceps, abdominals
• Involuntary muscle
– Muscles contract (move) on their own
– Examples: cardiac, stomach, etc
s6 What connects o...
View Full Document