This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: if comparison sample was available Evidence
• Open basement window
– Point of entry for intruder? • Unidentified palm print found outside basement window
– Did not match any family members • Stun gun marks? • Foot print made by Hitec stamped hiking boot found in dust in cellar
– Did not belong to anyone in family • Baseball bat found outside with fibers matching carpet from basement Basement window
www.tripleblaze.com/.../2008/10/hi-tec-boot.jpg window.jpg Murder weapon
i.cdn.turner.com/.../Gallery/PG-Garrote.jpg Stun gun
un_Style.jpg Contamination of a
• Police arrive around 5:40 am
– Do not search home or treat as active crime scene • Friends and family are allowed to enter the home for hours until they find JonBenet
• John Ramsey finds daughter
– Removed from basement
– Removed tape
– Locard’s principle • Lack of crime scene photos
• Only murder in Boulder for over a year Ramseys : guilty until
• Media circus http://images.google.com/imgres?
%26um%3D1 – Ridicule Ramseys for “exploiting” daughter in beauty pageants
– Guilt indicated by “lawyering” up, not “cooperating” with police, and hiring a PR firm • All leaks to media
– “staged” cri...
View Full Document
- Spring '09