This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: hool? Do you favor a rule that would allow only seniors to drive to school?
Of the 60 seniors who drive to school, 40 favored the rule.
Of the 70 seniors who favored the rule, 30 do not drive to school.
HINT: Make a table
What is the probability that a randomly selected senior will favor the rule?
What is the probability that a randomly selected senior drives to school and opposes the rule?
What is the probability that a randomly selected senior opposes the rule or does not drive to school?
36) A tetrahedral ʺdieʺ has four faces numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, each equally likely to fall face down on a given toss. For
the experiment of tossing a tetrahedral ʺdieʺ once:
a. List the sample space.
b. Write event E of tossing a number greater than 1
c. Find the probability of E d. Find the odds in favor of E
e. Write event A of tossing a prime number
f. Find the probability of A g. Find the odds in favor of A
37) Andyʹs math teacher tells him that his odds of earning a B or better in the class are 5 to 2. What is the
probability he will not earn a B or better?
38) If a single card is drawn from an ordinary deck, find the probability of getting the following:
a. an ace
b. a black card
c. Neither an ace nor a club
d. a six or a club T102 Chapter 9 Review Page 4 39) If the probability of winning a free coke is 0.25, what is the probability that you will not receive a free coke in
40) In a bag are 5 red, 3 white and 7 blue marbles. Three marbles are selected in succession, what is the probability
that they are red, white, blue in that order if no marbles are replaced?
41) In a bag are 6 red and 5 white marbles. Three are selected without replacement. What is the probability that
there are exactly 2 white marbles?
42) A person takes an eight question true/false test.
a. What is the probability that the score is 100% if the person guesses on every question?
b. What is the probability that they get at least one wrong?
c. What is the probability that the score is 75%?
43) A person takes a 5 question multiple choice test (ea...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/12/2014 for the course T 102 at Indiana SE.
- Fall '