This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ch question has 3 choices - a,b, or c - but only one is the
a. What is the probability that the score is 100% if the person guesses on every question?
b. What is the probability that they get at least one wrong?
c. What is the probability that the score is 60%?
44) Lugiʹs Restaurant offers a popular lunch special on Mondays --so popular they have found that 80% of their
customers order the special. For a given Monday, find the probability that the first three customers order the
special. Find the probability that none of the first three customers order the special.
45) The probability of Susan passing her first math test is 80%, the probability that she passes her second math test
is 70%, and the probability that she passes her third math exam is 60%.
a. Find the probability that she passes all three exams.
b. Find the probability that she passes at least one of her exams.
46) If a letter is drawn from, container 1, shown below, and placed in container 2, then a letter is drawn from
container 2. What is the probability that the last letter drawn is a P? POP PUPPY 1 2 47) How could each of the following be simulate by using a random - digit table?
a. Tossing a fair die.
b. Picking four months at random from the 12 months of the year.
48) How many ways can six books be placed on a shelf?
49) Draw a tree diagram to show the outcomes for boys and girls in a family with 3 children.
50) Two standard dice are rolled. What are the odds in favor of rolling a sum of six?
51) The odds that it will rain tomorrow are 4 to 7. Find the probability that it will rain tomorrow. 52) Compute 75!
72! T102 Chapter 9 Review Page 5 53) If a man owns 6 pairs of pants and 4 shirts, how many different pant - shirt combinations does he have?
54) How many different ways can the letters of the word PARALLEL be arranged?
55) From a list of 12 books, how many groups of 5 books can be selected?
56) How many different 3 person committees can be formed from a group of 7 people?
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/12/2014 for the course T 102 at Indiana SE.
- Fall '