This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: using
these points as vertices?
17) The probability of living to age 65 is 7/10. Find the odds in favor of living to age 65.
18) A box contains 4 black and 2 purple marbles. Consider the experiment of randomly selecting a marble from
box, and then selecting a second marble, without replacing the first. Determine the probabilities of the
following events by using a complete tree diagram .
Selecting 2 black marbles
Selecting one black and 1 purple marble
Selecting 2 purple marbles
At least 1 purple marble
19) If there are 25 applicants for a job, in how many ways can a manager select a first, second and third choice
candidate for the position?
20) If there are 25 applicants for a job, in how many ways can a manager choose three individuals to be
interviewed? T102 Chapter 9 Review Page 2 21) A bag contains 6 chocolates, 4 caramels, and 5 peppermints. Johnny reaches blindly into the
bag and withdraws treat. a) What is the probability that he gets a chocolate? b) What is the probability that he does not get a peppermint? c) What is the probability that he gets a chocolate or a peppermint?
22) Suppose P(A) = 0.35, P(B) = 0.51 and P(A ∩ B) = 0.17. Complete:
a) P A
b) P(A or B)
c) P(A and B)
23) The letters R, E, A, and P are inscribed on four cards and placed in a hat. They are drawn one
at a time and arranged according to the ordered drawn. a)
Count the number of possible arrangements b)
What is the probability that the arrangement will have two vowels adjacent to one another?
24) A card is drawn from a standard deck. What is the probability that it is a king or a spade?
25) A box contains 7 white balls and 3 black balls. One ball is drawn, then replaced, and a second ball is drawn.
a. What is the probability of getting two white balls?
b. What is the probability of getting two black balls?
c. What is the probability of getting at least one black?
26) Two dice are tossed. What is the probability that the sum of the two numbers is:
a) Greater than ten? b) Equal to nine?
c) Is a prime...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/12/2014 for the course T 102 at Indiana SE.
- Fall '