This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: nes!
• Fines for week 5-6 on 6 centres (4 day care centres left alone as a control group)!
• Week 7 onwards: No ﬁne! ! Blood Transfution: Voluntary or Paid?!
• Purely Voluntary system in Britain; mixture of voluntary and paid in USA!
• Titmuss (1971) criticized America!
• Low Propotion of voluntary! !
Charity vs Egotism!
! People have 3 reason to engage in pro-social behaviour!
- rewards/punishments(extrinsic motivation)!
• direcct effect : increase extrinsic motivation!
• indirect effect : may reduce reputaitonal motivation because more bad types engage in pro csocial behaviour!
- caring about others(intrinsic motivation)!
- caring about image...
View Full Document
- Winter '13