This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: en stakeholders and interest groups. 5. Outcomes
The main changes for participating stakeholders were that
• People’s attitudes changed; and
• People developed greater capacity to participate in decision-making processes.
For the researchers, the stakeholder analysis process confirmed that stakeholder analysis can:
• Identify possible areas of commonality and for negotiation, and thus address potential areas of conflict
prior to a process of community consultation
Broaden the scope of ideas and knowledge incorporated in community consultative processes
• Give disenfranchised and overlooked individuals and groups a voice in a democratic process. 6. Strengths
The strengths of stakeholder analysis are that it:
• Identifies those with a stake in a proposal or issue who may otherwise be overlooked by traditional
• Provides options for finding common ground that will allow groups in conflict to find ways to work
together for common goals.
• Provides bases for negotiation that may overcome conflict.
• Provides a more structur...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/17/2014.
- Summer '14