Unformatted text preview: f loading.
4. Use constitutive relationships to calculate the plastic response of metals based on
5. Estimate the fracture strength of engineering materials subjected to monotonic
and cyclic loads.
6. Predict the response of engineering materials subjected to a known stress at
7. Identify engineering materials as electrical conductors, semi-conductors or
insulators based on atomic structure. ES 1021a GENERAL
OBJECTIVES: Course Outline – 2012-13 2. Knowledge Base X Individual Work Problem Analysis X Team Work Economics and
t Investigation Communication Life-Long Learning Design Professionalism Engineering Tools X X Ethics and Equity Impact on Society CONTACT HOURS: 3 lecture hours, 2 tutorial hours, half course TEXT: “Materials: Engineering, Science, Processing and Design” 2nd edition
View Full Document
- Fall '13
- Materials Science, elevated temperature, Department of Mechanical & Materials Engineering