This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: not be
possible with out it . Overview II: structures
• Central structures, such
as brain areas involved in sensation is the raw product--- – motor planning
– motor execution
– motor learning PERCEPTION--is the interpretation of the raw data by the brain – motor memory
(‘procedural memory’) And… • Sensation/Perception
– receptors in the periphery
– ‘sensory’ areas in the brain 3 KNES 462 ©FK ‘08 1 KNES 462 the brain gives comands for the coordination of motion this is output Motor Systems I 10^11 neurons in yo head bitch Another important distinction:
• The flow of information goes in two directions:
– From the periphery to the brain
• ‘afferent’, input
– From the brain to the periphery...
View Full Document
- Winter '13