This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: posture from vestibular
– reticulospinal tracts: important for maintenance of
posture; cortical inputs.
– tectospinal (or colliculospinal) tract: originates in
superior colliculus, projects contralaterally to max.
cervical segments of spinal cord. Important in
coordinating head and eye movements; cortical inputs.
KNES 462 13 ©FK ‘08 Brain Stem: descending pathways III
• lateral pathways terminate in the dorsolateral part
– rubrospinal tract: control of distal muscles • aminergic pathways originate in brain stem nuclei
and branches diffusely throughout the spinal cord:
– modulate excitability of spinal neurons. 14 KNES 462 ©FK ‘08 KNES 462 ©FK ‘08 The Brainstem: Medial Pathways 15 5 KNES 462 The Brainstem: Lateral Pathways 16 KNES 462 ©FK ‘08 6...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/19/2014 for the course KNES 462 at Maryland.
- Winter '13