This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: 2O, H+
10. PCC 6 Name____________________________ 1. NaNH2
3. H2O, H3O+
4. aldol condensation
6. H2O, H+ HC CH Cl NH
9. H2O, H+ 1. NaOH
5. H2O, H+ (quench)
7. H2O, H+
8. N2H4, KOH, !
9. Br2, AlBr3 7 Name____________________________
8. (16 points) Six distinct synthetic steps are necessary to convert propene into an aromatic alcohol.
1. A 3. B 2. C3H8O 4. C6H10O OH 5.
6. In the space provided below, indicate the necessary reagent(s) for each step and the structure of the A and
B intermediates. 1. 3. 5. 2. 4. 6. A= B= 9. (16 points) Convert the following cyclic carbohydrate to its conventional Fischer projection and open linewedge-dash structure. Draw the Newman projection of the given chair conformation while viewing down
C1 (anomeric C) to C2. HO OH O HO OH
OH 10. (12 points) Convert the following structure to its conventional Fischer projection and beta-pyranose
HO H H
HO O OH
OH 8 O N N N
Name____________________________ . (6 points) Certai...
View Full Document
This test prep was uploaded on 03/21/2014 for the course CHEM 222 taught by Professor Mcdonald during the Spring '08 term at Emory.
- Spring '08