Unformatted text preview: s
. Characteristic equation
• From the above transfer function, one can obtain the characteristic equation
using the denominator.
• The characteristic equation is used to solve the root of a second order
• The root can determine the speed of response and damping 60 5.7 60 = 2ξ 5.7 0 0 • There are three cases for the roots:
- Case 1 ξ - Case 2 ξ - Case 3 ξ ξ 1 when ξ >1 called over damped
when ξ =1 called critical damped 1 ξ when ξ 1 called underdamped - How does the system respond to a unit...
View Full Document
- Fall '13
- steady-state error, Proportional control