This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: than huts is 10 huts.
– Opportunity Cost the highest valued, next best alternative that must be sacrificed to obtain something or to satisfy a want.
5 Production on the Island What if they want more radios? Who should also make radios and not huts?
Who ever is next best at making radios relative to making huts – – Lets say that’s Maryanne The Professor and Maryanne can produce 6 radios and everyone else can produce 41 huts in one month
– The opportunity cost of Maryanne making radios is 9 huts. 6 Production on the Island At this point we have three production possibilities for the crew: – They all make huts
– All but Professor makes huts
– All but Professor and Maryanne make huts Let’s look at this information in a table 7 Production on the Island
Number Huts Producing Produced
60 Number Radios Producing Produced
0 6 50 1 3 5 41 2 6
8 Production on the Island This is known as a Production Possibilities Table – PPT a table that shows all of the combinations of goods and services that can be produced given the resources of society and the existing state of technology.
– This table lets us know how much our island...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 03/23/2014 for the course ECON 2306 taught by Professor Bailiff during the Spring '08 term at UT Arlington.
- Spring '08