This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ou and capture more of the profit.
– Then in response you may choose to retaliate and decrease your price even more.
– We saw this in our exercise. Firms who work independently will continue to decrease their price until they can not decrease their price any more. – This is the point where P=MR=MC (the competitive firm equilibrium).
– Or where the firms in an oligopoly are acting like competitive firms. 8 Actions for Firms: Act Independently
Actions for Firms: Act Independently
So in summary: – Firms who act independently lead to competitive level prices and quantities in total.
– This means they price and produce where P=MR=MC.
– This means the firm may have short run p...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/23/2014.
- Spring '14