This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: notype is favored, and phenotype of population shifts to that extreme over time.
Q+ 2. Stabilizing Selection I f 11 Occurs when an intermediate phenotype is favored Most common form of selection because the average individual is usually well adapted to its environment
3. Disruptive Selection Two or more extreme phenotypes are favored over any intermediate phenotype. British land snails are found in fields
• Notice that natural selection has no goal in m
• It does not produce perfect organisms.
• It simply produces organisms that are more similar to those that successfully reproduced in the previous generation.
• (every organism in existence is a product of reproduction)
• Artificial select...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/27/2014 for the course BIOLOGY Bio 2 at Timber Creek High.
- Fall '09