This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: next reaction
• The letters A-G indicate substrates/products.
• The letters El-ES represent enzymes.
• Feedback Inhibition - what happens when we have more than enough "G"
• The end product (G) of a metabolic pathway may build up to a point of "too much"
• The end product (G) can "feedback" and inhibit the first enzyme (El) in the pathway
• This effectively slows down, or stops the whole metabolic pathway......
View Full Document
- Fall '09