This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: hate group onto ADP.
fuel our everyday activities.
P+ ~ P-1 'p
~ _r ADL7" energy hill a ADP • For example, ATP breakdown provides the energy for muscle movement
• ATP donates phosphate to contraction proteins, changing their shape, and leading to
• ATP gives energy to other molecules (often enzymes) by donating the third phosphate
• The protein, in turn, changes shape and can do work on some other molecules.
• I.e. ATP makes enzymes work 5.3 Metabolic Pathways and Enzymes
• Metabolism is the sum total of the chemical reactions in a cell or organism
• Chemical reactions are responsible for...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 03/27/2014 for the course BIOLOGY Bio 2 at Timber Creek High.
- Fall '09